Ten interesting facts about Vietnam
1. Vietnam is the world's largest exporter of cashew nuts and the second largest exporter of rice
2. instead of bells, traditional gongs are used to ring lessons in Vietnamese schools.
3. although Vietnam is a developing country, it has a literacy rate of 94%.
4. among all developing countries, Vietnam has one of the lowest unemployment rates.
5. The wreckage of an American B-52 bomber lies at the bottom of West Lake.
6. An estimated ten million motorcycles are driven on the streets of Vietnam every day.
7. ruou ran (snake wine) is a Vietnamese speciality made from rice wine in which a snake is pickled and which is said to be able to cure any illness.
8. the most common last name in Vietnam is Nguyen.
9. the Vietnamese keep pot-bellied pigs as pets.
10. The Vietnamese language has six different pitches. Changing these, changes the meaning of the word. Therefore, Vietnamese is not a simple language.